It is getting cold again…so let’s get closer to the stove! Here is the perfect recipe for a Saturday evening. Just forget your meat on the stove (the longer the better) and get ready for meat of exceptional tenderness!
- 2 trimmed pieces of beef 500g each
- 1 litter of red wine
- 5 dl veal stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 sliced yellow onions
- 1 sliced garlic
- 20-24 small peeled roasted cloves
- Maizena Thickening
- Salt and sugar and black pepper from the mill
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 25 g butter
- Salt and sugar
- Put the beef in a saucepan with red wine, veal stock, bay leaves, sugar, thyme, onion, garlic and cloves.
- Fill with water to cover it.
- Boil the beef soft for about 4-5 hours.
- Remove the meat, filter the broth and simmer until reduced.
- Sprinkle with Maizena, salt, sugar and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Put the sliced onions in a foil package with butter, thyme, salt and 2 teaspoons of sugar and bake them in the oven (175 degrees) for about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with roast or fried onion and maybe a good mashed potatoes.